Saturday 13 April 2013

Review; Moroccan Oil;

Moroccan Oil is a hair treatment that has hit the UK and started quite a stir in the hair industry. In general there have been alot of hair oils floating about at the moment. Some more expensive then others.


I got my hair cut the other day by a professional for the first time in god knows how many years. (I have left  my hair to grow for a long time, and just got it occasionally trimmed by a girl I was living with last year.) My hair is in such a bad condition due to excessive bleaching and dying over the past couple of years. The hairdresser had to cut my hair short to get rid of all my split ends, so from being far below my shoulders, to just above my shoulders, my hair has had a dramatic change.

The hairdresser used a little bit of moroccan oil on my hair after cutting it, and explained that I should use it whenever I was my hair, and if I feel I need to use it when my hair is dry I can. Moroccan Oil is an oil thats yellow in colour that absorbs into hair without leaving any residue. It left my hair feeling so soft and shiny and alot healthier feeling!

I went ahead and bought the 100ml bottle, it did cost me £30.45 but you only have to use such little product it will last me a loooong time. It comes with a pump so you can get just the right amount of product you need, which will reduce waste.  So overall it is good for the price.

I have used this every day since having my hair cut and I can already see a difference compared to how my hair used to be. It now looks more alive and nourished and it is extremely soft and shiny. Whereas before my hair felt like hay due to all the dying and bleaching. Not a nice feeling! I am waiting for my natural hair colour to grow back through so just after christmas I got my hair dyed a similar brown to my natural colour, and now I am just waiting for my natural hair to come back. I definatly wont be ruining it when it does grow through. It will be a bleach&dying virgin as my dad called it the other day, haha!

Another thing I love about this product is the packaging. To me, it is absolutely beautiful! Its a turquoise colour with a golden/orangey colour for the lettering. It is so cute!

Have you ever tried Moroccan Oil? Are there any cheaper alternatives to this one, that works just aswell?
Becca xox

1 comment:

  1. Hi I really like your blog! I created this website called Sweet & Style where new and struggling bloggers can submit posts to be featured to gain more traffic to their blog. I would love to feature one of your posts! If you are interested you can email me at gasappenfield@gmail.com

    www.sweetandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete