Saturday 2 March 2013

Vintage Shopping & Charity Shopping;

I decided a couple of days ago that this weekend I would go charity shopping in my local village (especially as I hardly go to my local village and always go into town) I was so chuffed especially as I managed to pick a few things up!

I started with a charity shop that was in a shopping precinct and managed to pick up my new makeup 'holder draws' as I've been calling them all day. They were only £3.50 and in all honesty I HATED the colour of them but I couldn't pass on the chance of picking them up, considering I doubted I would find anything like that around my area. My dad has started collecting wooden furniture, sanding them down then using Annie Sloan Chalk Paints to give them a vintage, 'distressed' look. So, after buying the box drawer I decided I would paint it cream with some of his paint, I was so happy when it was finished. It was definatly £3.50 well spent! I will get so much use out of these drawers and have already organised some of my makeup in them!

Next to my makeup storage is another new piece of furniture that I am extremely happy I purchased! I literally go all cheery when I think about it! A new 'vintage' shop (yest thats its name!) opened today and I was really curious as to what it would be selling, so I went in and had a peak. I fell in love instantly! It was full of 'distressed' furniture, vintage baby clothes & buggies, cute little tins, and brik-a-brak. This was my sorta shop! HaHa! Whilst browsing my eyes kept getting drawn to a display of a chest of draws with a matching mirror hanging above, it was in a pretty pink shade and I just KNEW I somehow had to get it! Turns out, as it was opening day, there was 10% of everything, so I managed to buy the mirror and chest of draws for £103. Its alot of money but I just couldn't leave the shop without it HaHa, and they will be great in my bedroom when I move out ( Ive already decided my colour scheme!)



Finally, my dad (being the diy man of the house) decided to make me some new shelving for my room out of some random wood he found and some white paint. This is the end result...
I decorated it with some cup cake candles and other photos, I love the ginger bread man tin lid I found (we got the tin for christmas but I cant seem to find the rest of it) 

From one excited girlie to another...
Becca xox

No comments:

Post a Comment